Book Trailers are all the rage right now, so with the upcoming release of The Button Legacy: Emily’s Inheritance, I thought I would try one!
I am technically challenged, but didn’t want to pay a fortune to have someone do a book trailer for me that might not be exactly how I wanted the book trailer to feel. I’m a touchy-feely kind of person and I wanted that to come across in the music and the photos I used.
So here it is. The Simpleton’s Guide to building your own book trailer. I hope it might help another writer as they struggle to find their way in this noisy world of publishing.
1. I went to animoto and opened a free account. (Note that the free account gives you 30 seconds of photos, video & music.)
2. I choose a background (Rustic.)
4. I choose a song that matched the theme of my book.
5. When the book trailer didn’t seem as long as I wanted, I paid $30 to upgrade for a year.
6. I added more photos and then previewed the piece.
*** All of this took me about 3 hours. The second one I built took less than 30 minutes. You know what I mean. Don’t get discouraged, the end product is lovely!
Click on this link and tell me what YOU think about the results!